Hey there :)
So it's with pleasure that I announce that I'm launching a new blog series called The Guest Post!
Every so often, I'll be looking for writers to contribute fashion/beauty related articles as it's always good to discover new writers and learn new things!
On that note, here is the first Guest Writer post written by a lovely girl called Jennifer :)
Hope you guys enjoy and I'll be back for the next post :)
Maybe she’s born with it, or maybe she’s a celebrity with exclusive access to the most state-of-the-art beauty treatments and services available to mankind.
Celebrities are always the modern day ladies guide to beauty.
Whatever Kiera Knightly and Kate Winslet are doing with their beauty regimen to look gorgeous 24/7 we want to do to.
Well, now we can ladies.
Here is your “inside scoop” on the products gorgeous celebrities we love use every day and the latest and greatest on affordable beauty treatments that will get you ready for the red carpet every day.
1. Wake-up and wash your face with a gentle cleanser
- Easy Does it Foaming Cleanser --- $29
· With unique organic, plant-based ingredients, this cleanser lathers into a soothing, non-drying foam that cleans softens and helps to protect the face, body and hair.
- Faith Hill loves Clarisonic --- $119-$235
· Faith uses her Clarisonic daily in the shower to remove blackheads, blemishes, and excess oil that build up in your skin. Faith claims it is her only secret to flawless complexion
3. Before applying moisturizer, mist your face beautiful. Especially nice during the summer!
- Purely Bright Mist --- $34
· This mist will help brighten skin, minimize the appearance of dark spots and discoloration along with hydrating your skin to restore radiance
4. Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize!
· Charlize Theron uses a very simple daily routine that consists of light cleansing and sunblock. This sunblock used a patent pending combination of UV filters and a powerful anti-oxidant complex to further protect your skin. With broad spectrum protection with demonstrated efficacy against UVA rays, this sunblock is your first line of defense when going outside.
5. Night Routine- Cleanse and Moisturize
- Gucci Westman uses La Mer Eye Concentrate cream --- $185
· Gucci swears by La Mer to reduce puffiness, fine lines, dark circles, surface discolorations and unevenness.
- Rachel Zoe uses Egyptian Magic All Purpose Skin Cream --- $38
· Rachel Zoe uses this all-purpose cream because of its all natural plant and organism based ingredients. Zoe uses Egyptian Magic twice a day all over her face and body. She especially loves that the natural ingredients are safe for her son.
Now for the REAL work!
A quick guide to popular celeb beauty treatments and no, we are not talking about Kim Kardashian’s Vampire Facial…
Laser Skin Tightening
Laser skin and tissue tightening is becoming big with Hollywood especially before red carpet events. Laser skin tightening is a procedure by which you can have firmer, smoother skin on the face, chest, arms, stomach, legs, and knees. Stars love laser skin tightening before the red carpet because it is instance, non-surgical, with no downtime while giving the face a younger appearance. With the use of two lasers, each with a different wavelength, your surgeon can remove redness and brown spots while stimulating collagen production to reduce fine lines and large pores.
How long does the procedure take? 45 minutes
Side effects: Dermatitis, regular swelling and pain
Baby Drop Fillers
A special “Gucci” needle and baby drops of filler can smooth wrinkles instantly. Fillers plump thin lips and can turn downward corners upward while enhancing shallow contours and sculpting the face. They also can soften facial creases such as the ‘parentheses’ and other wrinkles. Fillers are the only enhancement that provides fuller cheeks that lift the face while improving the appearance of unwanted scars. Facial Fillers commonly include those made of hyaluronic acid (a natural sugar that occurs naturally in our skin).
Celebrities even use fillers on their hands, to make them look as youthful as their faces, and also on their earlobes when their diamond plated earrings drag them down.
Brands: Restylane, Perlane, Juvederm, Radiesse
How long does the procedure take? 10-30 minutes
Side effects: Some swelling and bruising for 2-3 days. Tenderness and redness for several days.
Same old Botox without the frozen face
Some call it “baby-botox” or “mini-botox” but however you call it is solving the problems of frozen-face. Botox is a natural purified protein used for wrinkle reduction. Very low doses are administered directly into the overactive muscles that cause worry lines, frown lines and crow’s feet. The idea behind Botox-lite is that doctors are administering tiny amounts of Botox injected in multiple areas, just enough to relax muscles without paralyzing them.
How long does the procedure take? 10-30 minutes for application
Side effects: regular swelling and bruising. Potential headaches, nausea, and flu syndrome.
Laser Skin Resurfacing
As we age, our collagen production slows down significantly making our faces appear thinner and older. Boosting collagen production is huge in Tinsletown using the most popular laser on the market the Fraxel Laser. The laser is able to penetrate deep within the skin to treat damaged underlying skin. The laser creates microscopic tears deep within the skin which trigger the body to naturally produce more collagen in the repairing process.
How long does the procedure take? Full face – up to 2 hours
Side effects: Swelling, itching, stinging. After 5-7 days your skin will become dry and peel. Healing typically takes 10-21 days.
Facials, chemical peels, microdermabrasion and LED light treatment
In their down time, often on a weekly basis, celebs will do it all. They are in the public eye every day of the year so they ensure their skin is well maintained. Available at any medical spa or dermatologist, treatments like these offer anti-aging results without the hassle. These treatments are provided in office, same day with no downtime so a quick stop by at your nearest dermatologist is fairly easy.
How long do the procedures take? 30-60 minutes for application depending on the treatment
Side effects: Regular swelling, pain and bruising.
There you have it! A daily regimen with products that celebs use every day mixed with a few monthly skin treatments can result in age-less, wrinkle-free, skin making you look younger every day! These may be the celebrities beauty secrets but they are no secret to us, feel free to share with your friends as you wish!
Bio: Jen is a writer for a medical reconstructive and cosmetic surgery center in Nashville, TN. She has two kittens and loves to write about all things beauty, women, health and fitness! She spends her days outside and at the center where she learns as much as she can from the board certified surgeons. This cosmetic surgery center specializes in eyelid lift (blepharoplasty) and No-Downtime procedures such as the Liquid Lift and Laser therapy. Jen also has a personal blog Littlefurrymusings.tumblr.com where she writes about all kinds of things that she thinks others would enjoy.
Want to write for XxxLoveIsBeautyxxX?
Email Becky at email@example.com and pitch me an idea :)
Stay Beautiful! xoxo